Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 30 April, 2013 at 12:46|
Hello everyone,I am often asked if I have any party tips: here is a listing of some tips you may want to use at your next birthday party.
1. Serve the ice cream and cake (or any sweets) toward the end of the party. This way the kids won't be bouncing off the walls on a sugar high during the party.
2. If you are having pizza ask the restaurant to cut the pizza into 10 or 12 slices instead of 8.
3. Two hours is usually enough time for a party for a grade school child.
4. Get a phone number on where you can reach parents as the kids are coming in. This way if there is an accident or you need to send one of them home you have a correct number.
5. Elimination games don't work as well for younger children - if you play them make sure you have something to do for the ones who are "out".
6. Write out a schedule for the party in 15 minute segments.
7. Instead of paper cups get bottled drinks with sports tops on (less likely to get spilled) and put each child's name on a sticker on each one. No confusion - less waste. For younger children draw something they recognize - Like Superman.
8. Make a list of lots of games to play. Kids run through the games in a hurry and it's great to have more ideas ready.
9. Tie a bouquet of balloons around your mailbox or front of your house. It makes it a lot easier for anyone trying to find the house if they have never been to your home.
10. Let the birthday child select the colors for the balloons. Anything you can do to get your child involved in the birthday party planning is great for their self-esteem and self-confidence. Kids really want to help out.
11. Protect your pets! Keep dogs, cats etc. separated from the party area.
12. Involve the entire family in your birthday party planning. Siblings can sometime feel left out, neglected when it’s not their birthday. Perhaps an older child can be in charge taking pictures. Maybe one of the siblings can introduce the entertainer when it’s time for the show. Another might hang up coats or collect all the presents as children arrive. Another could help prepare refreshments, invitations etc. Be creative with your kid party ideas!
13. Entertainment? Having an entertainer for your child’s party can really make the party experience for your child a memorable one. But how do you find an entertainer that will do an excellent job for you? The days of looking in the phone book are obsolete. With the explosion of the internet, your best bet is going on-line. All the top pros have a web site which contains valuable info about themselves and their entertainment... all at the click of a mouse.
14. One of the best kid party ideas is to have a picture taken with the birthday child and each friend. When you get the film developed, order double prints and include a snapshot of the birthday child and each guest with the thank you note. You can even have the birthday child help make the thank you notes/cards. Your child will learn from an early age the importance of thank you notes and the parents of all your guests will love them.
15. If you’re having an outdoor party, definitely have a back up plan in case of inclement weather.
Thanks to http://www.amazingkidsmagic.com/kid-party-ideas.html for some of the ideas listed here